I’m excited to announce that from September 21-23, I have been invited to join 100 other influencers at the prestigious Travel Blogger Summit on Study Abroad and Global Citizenship – a sequel to the acclaimed White House event held in 2014. Co-hosted by Hostelling International USA and Partners of the Americas, this event encapsulates my personal passion for the transformative power of travel, and the belief that travel is and should be for everyone. It is going to be a travel experience, a conference, and a social impact movement all in one.
A few speakers I’m excited to hear from are:
● Maher Nasser, Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications, United Nations
● John McPhail, President & CEO at Partners of the Americas
● Taara Rangarajan, Director of Campaign Strategy and Partnerships, Global Citizen
● Katie Denis, Vice President and Lead Researcher, Project Time Off
● Ilir Zherka, Executive Director, Alliance for International Exchange
● Andrew Gordon, Founder & President, Diversity Abroad
● Andrea Leitch, Senior Director Travel and Adventure, National Geographic
In addition to learning from this amazing lineup, I hear National Geographic, Virgin Atlantic, and Lonely Planet have a few tricks up their sleeve. We’re also going to have a gala in the hostel’s backyard. Which happens to be the largest privately owned green space in Manhattan!
I’m also excited about these experiential conference activities:
● National Geographic Expeditions Lounge with Virtual Reality Headsets of their Galapagos adventure, prizes, goodies & on-site storytelling experts.
● Virgin Atlantic “in-air” service with a full staff of flight attendants ready to deliver blankets, sunglasses, PJs, water, & whatever you need just a tweet away!
● A Travel Blogger’s Dream Library complete with A-Z Lonely Planet guides.
● Zue Beauty Aromatherapy Relax, Recharge, Record Room for Travel Blogger Mindful Bliss
Please follow along on social media as I share my experience using #studyabroadbecause